Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Trip Post (Finally): Marburg, Germany

The castle in Marburg, Germany
The Elizabeth Church
Inside the Elizabeth Church
The "Old Town" area of Marburg


I finally have an internet connection in my dorm room in the Czech Republic.  I will start my posts for my trip from the very beginning.  I left Waterloo at 11am on Friday, August 29.  I flew to Minneapolis and Detroit before a 7 hour, 45 minute flight to Frankfurt, Germany.  I went to Marburg, Germany, for the weekend and stayed with the Herrmann family, the family I had stayed with 4 years ago.  I toured the landmarks in Marburg that I hadn't had a chance to see before, including the castle and the Elizabeth Church, built in the 1200s over the grave of St. Elizabeth.  We rode the train to Frankfurt to see some of the museums there on Sunday with the Herrmann kids; Sammy, Noah, and Rebecca.  

No comments: