Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Going to Europe

I leave in 9 days and I am sooo not ready.   I'm doing Destination Iowa State this week and then I will be going home Monday afternoon to pack, then back to Ames Thursday night for the ISU game and then I leave from Waterloo on Friday morning.  I have my flights ordered, but I have no idea how it's going to work out.  

On Friday, August 29, I will leave from Waterloo and go to Minneapolis then on to Detroit and finally to Frankfurt, arriving at 7:50 am local time on Saturday.  I will be staying with the Hermanns, my host family from my Germany trip 4 years ago, in Marburg, north of Frankfurt.  I will leave on a Ryanair flight from Frankfurt Hahn to Venice, Italy, on Monday, Sept. 1, at 10:50 am.  I'll be in Venice, then take a train to Florence and Pisa, and another train to Rome.  My flight leaves from Rome at 10:30 pm on Sept. 6 and arrives at Frankfurt Hahn at 11:50.  I guess I need to stay at a hotel there, then get a train ticket back to Marburg to pick up my luggage from the Hermanns, and then get on a train to Vienna in time to catch a bus to Brno, Czech Republic, so I can be there on the morning of Sept. 8.  I don't really know what I'll be doing...any advice on where to stay, what to see, etc, would be more than welcome.  Well, this is my first ever blog post.  It's probably really bad and I'll try to get better at them as I go along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, I once saw a movie called "Hostel." I wouldn't recommend staying in it because I found the movie in the documentary section. Just a heads up.